Principal Message: Summer Update
Good Afternoon Brooklyn Brownstone Families and Friends,
I hope you're all having a great summer so far. As some of you have heard, the city is beginning to roll out their tentative plan for the fall. This morning principals had a productive meeting with Mayor DeBlasio and Chancellor Carranza. Though it is too soon to release the full plan and how it manifests at the Brooklyn Brownstone School, there is some information that should be shared.
What we know:
1. Fall school programming will include a blend of remote learning at home and in-person school days.
2. Families will have the option to opt-out of in-person sessions
3. Social distancing guidelines will be in place throughout the school campus; 10 or less in a room, 6ft of distance, etc.
What we don't know YET:
1. Mask wearing guidelines for children
2. Recess, breakfast and lunch
3. School day start and end times; this is informed by breakfast and our co-located schools
1. Releasing our tentative programming options followed by a virtual town hall
2. Releasing a survey/ form for those who want to opt-out of in-person sessions. This will then solidify out programming schedule
3. Virtual orientation
- High need students and families will be prioritized when scheduling
- These decisions will be shared and include planning meetings with the School Leadership Team, Instructional Leadership Team, and PTA.
- Our planning only works if we continue to practice social distancing. We see what's happening in other parts of the country. We need to stay Brooklyn strong.
I will be sharing more information next week. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions please comment below. I may not be able to respond at this time but your thoughts and insights will help. Thank you.
Comments are closed.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.